Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Welcome to Canada, eh!

Hello family and friends!

Gosh this week was a great one. I made history twice and I've only been here for a week! We had Sisters Specialized Training this week where they had all the sisters in the whole mission come together for training for 2 days. They have never done this before and I was so blessed to be here for it! I'm also the very first sister missionary to be trained in my area, so that's pretty exciting! This is only the third transfer that they have had sisters in this area, so im pretty lucky to even be in this area! I'm going to an area called Fort McMurray which is about 5 hours from Edmonton and it's as far north as they send the sisters. I'm in for a cold winter that's for sure:)

A couple hours after we landed in Edmonton we went on splits with the STL'S to do some street contacting and we met some really awesome people! It was crazy to be right out of the gates and already preaching the gospel! My first night in the mission I saw the northern lights, it was AMAZING! We were with some sisters who have been out for 15 months and have never seen them. I told them God was celebrating that I had made it to Canada:)

My new companions are amazing! Sister Beauchat has been out for 8 months and Sister Ball has been out for 3. They are so happy and fun we just have a blast all the time! Since we are 5 hours from Edmonton, there are only us 3 and 2 elders. It's weird coming from the MTC where we are constantly surrounded by missionaries to far north where it is just a handful of us.

We are teaching a man named Tim. He is from Vietnam so we are just teaching him English, but he asks us a lot about our church and we try to explain the best we can with his limited English. We gave him a Book of Mormon and told him he will learn English faster if he reads it everyday. He was super skeptical but we are hoping he does it!

It is soooo beautiful here and being a missionary is soooo fun! I hope things are going well at home:)

Love,
Sister Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colour me RAD

This week was really exciting! We had zone conference, exchanges, and volunteered at a colour run (it was called colour me rad). All of th...