Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The gift of hands (tongues) is real👐

Hello!

This week we went on a 3 day exchange with the travelling sisters and it was quite fun! For one of the days I was with Sister Hall and we went on the LRT (which is the best way to FIND people). When we go on the LRT we don't usually sit by our companion so I sat across from a YSA girl and asked how her day was. She didn't respond so I asked her again and she looked at me confused and then motioned that she was deaf. I started contemplating about if I should sign to her or not because my sign language is SO rusty. The spirit kept prompting me to sign so I started with the few things I remembered. As soon as I started signing all my worries went away and we had a conversation for almost 40 minutes! At the end she wasn't interested but she was so happy I talked to her because once people find out she is deaf they usually just stop trying. I am so happy I was able to talk to her! The gift of hands (tongues) is real for sure :)

We also got to do service at a gymnastics meet and they asked us to be the security guards lol look out! Me and Sister Hall went tracting in this sketchy little place and we found these people with smoke rolling out their window and they kept sticking their heads out and waving and talking to us so we asked if we could take a selfie and they came down and took a picture with us! I was freaking out inside but all was well :)

As always, much love!
Sister Moon🌙

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colour me RAD

This week was really exciting! We had zone conference, exchanges, and volunteered at a colour run (it was called colour me rad). All of th...