Tuesday, September 12, 2017

"Welcome to the MTC" -literally everyone

HELLO,

The amount of times that I heard that heading was unreal. Me and my companion tried to act like we knew what we were doing so we didn't look so fresh but apparently you can just tell:) Being at the MTC is like a whirlwind of emotions and so unreal. I always feel like I am just in a dream and life isn't going on around me. As soon as you get here everyone just has so much love for you and just wants to help in any way possible, it's amazing how our church does that. We also taught a lesson our very first day here which was way scary but it is amazing to look back just a week and see how much everyone has grown, including myself.

On the third day, me and my companion were asked to be the STL's. That was so intimidating because we hadn't even been here a full three days and we were supposed to be in charge of people who had been here for weeks ahh! It is so exciting though and I already have so much love for the Sisters that are in our Zone. We have also taught so many lessons I already I don't even know if I could count! Everyone always tells you about how you feel the spirit and just know what to say in your lesson and I never believed anyone until I was teaching. Me and my companion went into our first lesson with our lesson planned out to the word. After that lesson I have never done that again and they just continue to get better. I always tell my companion that we shouldn't write it out and just go off what we feel and she doesn't like to hear that but it's so cool to feel the spirit. Just one quick example...we were teaching one of our investigators and we had a lesson planned on the restoration, as soon as we walked in to the room to teach her, I had this feeling that she wasn't ready to hear that. I started talking about something completely different that we didn't have planned and the lesson was one of the best one's that we have taught. The spirit was so strong and I know that it was the right thing to do even if it was out of our comfort zone.

Funny story...me and Sister Gerhing were studying at a table and some random guy came up to talk to us and just started asking a lot of questions about where we're from, where we went to school and stuff like that. After talking to him for about 5 minutes he asked if we could all take a picture together and act like he was teaching us the gospel. We said that was fine and took some pictures but we had to take like 20 because he kept saying they weren't good and he had to fix his shirt or his hair or something. He ended up emailing them to us later and he had edited them and everything it was great:) One of the pictures is attached and I'm sure you will enjoy it because we did hahah!
Sunday was amazing! We had two devotionals that night, one from Chad Lewis about why we are here and after listening to that I know that I am here for the right reasons and I am SO excited to teach the people in Edmonton. We also watched a devotional by Elder Bednar and he was very direct but it was so good! He straight up said that we need to get over ourselves because it is not our mission it is the Lord's. That just makes me so excited!

I can read emails any day of the week so anytime you want to send me something I would love to read them, they make me so happy! I can also email anytime on Tuesdays yay! Please send me pictures because I LOVE getting them:) I love all of you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colour me RAD

This week was really exciting! We had zone conference, exchanges, and volunteered at a colour run (it was called colour me rad). All of th...